OMNET SIMULATOR PROJECTS
Omnet simulator projects mainly designed for different systems such as distributed, fixed and microprocessor systems. Omnet is also referred as discrete event simulator. Omnet communications are performed by transformation of message in a discrete moment of time. Omnet are written is C++ and TCL/ TK. Omnet are an open source simulator and it runs on different operating systems. Omnet simulator projects components are described as follows:
- Command Line Interface:
Command line interface mainly implemented for batch execution. It also used for Omnet simulation.
- Graphical Network editor:
Graphical Network editor is used to build and create file for network topology and nodes which is written in a Network Description language.
- Model Documentation Tool:
Model Documentation Tool is a detailed description of various modules such as simple and compound modules in a Documentation format.
- Kernel Library:
Kernel library simulation creates an object and that Objects are mainly used for the creation of new network topology. Component based architecture is generated by Omnet simulator which composed of various models. Each model contained a well defined module and all models are reusable for many times.
Fundamental of Omnet simulator projects are:
- Ned topology Description Language (nedc) compiler.
- Command Line interface for simulation execution (cmdenv)
- Model documentation Tool.
- Kernel Library simulation.
- Vector Plotting tool.
- Scalar visualization tool (scalars).
- Documentation, sample simulation.
- Graphical network editor for NED Files (GNED)
- Utilities such as random number generator, makefile creation tool.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) for simulation execution links into simulation executable.
Simulation kernel library contain a utility class which mainly used to create simulation components. Infrastructure is maintained by a library which access simulation from various components.
Advantages of Omnet simulator:
- Act as dedicated machines.
- Convenient to use.
- No Restriction in constructing model.
- Reusable component.
Various models are categorized by Omnet simulator projects they are:
- Deterministic Vs stochastic.
- Continuous Vs discrete.
- Static Vs Dynamic.
Model of Dynamic, stochastic and discrete called as discrete event simulation model contains:
- Event list – Timing of future events.
- Initialization Routine – Model are initialized with time zero.
- Timing Routine – Determination of Next event, type and advance clock measures.
- Statistical counters – accumulation of output Quantities.
- Simulation Time – current value of simulation time.
- System state – Variable Description state.
Omnet ensure various tools for debugging are animation, automatic, and output window and project inspectors. Omnet simulator projects are an open source and it free for both academic and research. It is more convenient to understand and analyze network simulation which attacks students and researchers to do projects on Omnet simulation.